Virus removal for Android: We all know that Android phones attract a lot of malware through disturbing pop up advertisements or they are even at threat of spyware attack. In case you suspect of your phone facing a virus attack then you can use the methods given below to virus removal for Android.
1. Antivirus Scan is crucial for virus removal in Android
The best option to confirm malware on your phone is to start an antivirus scan. The antivirus for mobile phones starts scanning automatically and warns regarding the apps that may steal your confidential details, permit the ads on the device or drain out the battery of your phone.
So, when you use antivirus app, just choose scan which would indicate the apps that are harmful for your phone.
You can get rid of the malware straightway through the antivirus app or you can also uninstall manually by following the given path
Settings–Apps & notifications
In case the scan results do not detect anything then you can also take the help of a another antimalware application.
2. Suspicious apps should be uninstalled
If you come across an app that you can’ recollect of downloading long back can also be a threat for your device. Also, if you are someone who loves downloading free apps from not so experienced developers, then there are chances that it may have adware.
In such cases the apps that you are not using at all, make sure you uninstall those to protect your phone from threats.
You can uninstall apps by
Moving to Settings—Apps and Notifications—All Apps
Click on the specific app.
It will show up the screen having an button – uninstall, which will help you eliminate the malware.
In case you find the uninstall button in grey color, then there are chances that the application may have possessed admin access, which makes it even more difficult to remove
In such cases follow the steps as given below
- Go to – Settings–Security & location—Advanced–Device admin apps,
- Now check for any apps present on the list having complete access.
- Tap on that specific app to disable it and this will let you uninstall it completely from the menu- Apps & notifications
You might also like: How to find WiFi password in Android
3. Factory reset can help in virus removal for android
In case where even after uninstalling the unwanted app doesn’t halt the popping up of frustrating messages on your phone then performing factory reset on your phone can help you though it might erase all the data present on your phone.
To ensure that your data is not lost make sure all your media and photos are backed up and then follow the path
Settings—System—Advanced—Reset options–Erase all data.
4. Do not allow the re-installation of malware
After you have removed the malware from your phone, make sure you keep a check of what you download and the source of downloading.
It is better to download apps from reliable source like Google Play etc
How to find out whether your Android phone has been attacked by malware
There are clear symptoms of your Android phone been attacked by malware but in some cases the apps remain inactive on your device. You may get to know about their damage only when your phone bill shows up high charges.
Here are few symptoms that show that your device is infected:
1. Slow performance of your phone: Malware may affect the power of your phone to process thereby affecting overall performance.
2. Reduced battery life: There are certain apps that may drain out the battery of your Android phone than normal.
3. Increased data usage: Some apps steal your data and it ends up high data usage
4. Ads popping up: If you are getting to see a plenty of pop-up advertisement while browsing then certainly your device has an adware attack.
The plenty of pop-ups actually mean that the malware has been successful in installing itself inside the operating system and has activated the common methods that you use to use your phone. The main objective is to increase the engagement of users so that they click on their offers and ads and in turn download added malware that is harmful to both data and device.
The above methods will let you erase the malware/spyware or adware and help in virus removal for android.