Turn On mobile Hotspot: Hotspots are quite convenient as compared to tethering option wherein the data connection can be shared for a single PC with the help of Bluetooth or USB cable.
Similar to iPhones which can be turned into WiFi Spot a lot of tablets or Android phones also come with same feature.
Using the WiFi hotspot, the data connection for mobile present on Android device can be easily shared with around 5 other devices without using any wired connection. You can use the Android mobile data connection on tablets, cell phones and even PC.
The inbuilt feature embedded in Android devices – WiFi data-sharing is feasible enough to share the data connection on various other devices
How to turn ON mobile Hotspot
In case you are allowed to use WiFi hotspot feature on the Android phone then just activate it
You can turn ON mobie hotspot using the instructions given below
- Head to – Settings on your Android phone. Via the home screen, press – Menu and then tap – then press- Settings
- On your Settings screen, press the option – Wireless & networks. If you are using Samsung smart phone press- Connections, next, press- Mobile Hotspot and Tethering
- You will see the toggle switch for – Mobile Hotspot, just turn that ON. It will make your phone accessible wirelessly and you can see the notification that will let you know once the connection is set up or enabled.
- In order to trace the password along with instructions for your hotspot, press- Mobile Hotspot.
- Make use of that password so that you will be able to connect all devices you wish to hotspot.
- After connecting the preferred devices to hotspot you can start using the internet.
Enable WiFi Hotspot Feature on Stock/Pixel Android Smartphone
If you have the permission to use WiFi hotspot feature on the Android device, activate it:
- Start the app- Settings
- Press- Network & Internet
- Press- Hotspot & tethering
- Now, press- WiFi hotspot
- Turn ON the toggle switch for – WiFi hotspot
- You change the name and password for the hotspot if you wish to and also can modify some advanced settings like automatic shutoff and next AP band
Identify newly created WiFi Hotspot and Connect to it
Once your hotspot is enabled, connect all devices to the hotspot just like it is a WiFi router:
- For every device where you want to build the internet sharing search for WiFi hotspot. Any of the devices like tablet, computer, smart phones will send a notification to inform about the availability of new networks(wireless)
To search for wireless networks, use your Android phone, head to the path – Settings—Wireless & networks–Wi-Fi settings. Now carry out the simple instruction for WiFi connection given on your screen.
- Type in the password for WiFi hotspot to set up the wireless connection.
The standard process for WiFi hotspot feature that exists in Android actually works only when you own a device which aids hotspots plus a data plan which you can be paired with it.
In some cases you may fail to establish internet accessibility on tablet or laptop post connecting as certain wireless carriers provide access only to users who have paid to use the feature.
You might also like: Unlock android device manager
Smart tips about mobile Hotspot
Here are few tips or suggestions that you can consider while using WiFi hotspot on Android phone/other devices
- Turn OFF your WiFi hotspot utility if you are not using it for any devices. If you do not turn OFF the feature it can result in draining out of phone battery.
- The methods used to enable mobile hotspot option differ with each device and carriers. Some of them need stand-alone application in place of stock Android feature for users to share their data with different WiFi users. Make sure that you read out the instructions for the manufacturer of your device or the service provider.
- As a default setting, the portable WiFi hotspots are basically established using WPA2 security along with a password. In case you are using a hotspot in any of the public places and worried about hackers stealing your data, then immediately change the password prior to signal broadcasting.