How to screenshot on Samsung: You may or may not need to take a screenshot on your Smartphone often, but the best thing is that if you need to take it any time it is an easy process especially with your Samsung Galaxy 10, Samsung S7, Samsung S8, Samsung S9, Samsung S10, Samsung Galaxy edge phones. There are different ways out of which you can choose the method you find easy.
1. Screenshot on Samsung with the help of palm
Galaxy S10 lets you capture a screenshot when you slide palm edge over the screen.
- Open – Settings app
- Tap on – Advanced features
- Tap on- Motions and gestures
- You need to turn ON the option – Palm swipe to capture for which you need to swipe toggle switch towards right
Once done, you will be able to capture screenshot with the help of your palm.
- The part you are willing to capture should be selected
- Next, edge of your palm need to be placed over your S10’s screen edge
- Without moving, try to slide the palm across your Samsung phone either from right to left or vice versa direction
- Swipe palm across the phone screen to capture the screenshot.
The screen will shrink a flash a little confirming that screenshot was captured successfully.
2. Screenshot on Samsung with the help of buttons
This is the common and indeed conventional method to take screenshot on Samsung mobile phones
- Select the screen the way you wish to capture.
- Now, press the “buttons for Volume down and power button” at the same time and keep holding them for about one second till you see that the screenshot is captured. This is confirmed through when screen flashes and shrinks a little.
- You can easily capture almost any screen you wish to on your Samsung Galaxy S10 just by using Volume down & Power buttons.
- Now, you can see the tool strip for screenshot tool strip right at the screen bottom for a while. The tools can help you tweak an image and if you chose to do nothing then the screenshot will automatically be saved to your phone Gallery.
You might also like: Android device manager unlock
3. Taking a screenshot on Samsung with the help of Bixby
Bixby is a personal assistant for Samsung and helps capture a screenshot too and on your behalf.
- Keep the part you want to take screenshot selected
- Using your voice speak, ‘Hey Bixby, take a screenshot‘
- Bixby will automatically get a screenshot for you and the image will be saved to your phone gallery
4. Taking a screenshot for a specific part of the screen with the help of Edge panels
- Open – Settings app
- Tap –Display, Tap – Edge screen
- Tap on –Edge panels so that you can view the panels list available.
- Apps edge might be enabled by default. Tap –Smart select to ensure that it is also enabled.
- Smart select panel needs to be turned ON if you want to use the feature to capture some sections of screen with the help of Edge panel.
After you turn it ON, you can try the steps below to grab a specific area of the screen using Edge panel
- The screen with particular area needs to be set up to capture screenshot for that area.
- Swipe through the screen’s right edge to the left just till half of your screen. In case you are seeing the home page of your phone it would be located over Google Assistant search box. If you are not on home page, you need to swipe on the screen till you reach to over midpoint
- You need to swipe till you view the option for – Smart select. In case more panels are enabled you need to try swiping a couple of times.
- You can easily capture the portion of your screen using Smart select panel
- Once the Smart select panel is displayed, tap any tool you want for example rectangle.
- You can resize or position your selection on the screen and then just tap- Done
- Once you are done, tap on the button- Save located at the bottom of your screen to save the image to your phone gallery.
You can try any of the above methods that seems to be easy for you to take the screenshot.