How to block a number on android: The unwanted calls from unknown numbers on your Android phone can be irritating. Also, if you get such calls at times when you are busy it adds to your irritation.
There are ways that can help you block those numbers that bother you often. There are simple methods to block number on Android device.
The article will explain the methods that can help you to block a number on android from strangers. There are different methods you can try on your own and if you prefer not to opt for those methods you can also use third party apps that can help you block the calls you get from unknown numbers on your Android phone.
How to block a number on Android phone
Well, there are no standard methods to block contacts on Android device. In older versions there was no such feature but the latest models used by many people Google Pixel 3 XL/Google Pixel 3, that support Android with 6.0 marshmallow, it becomes easy to block an unknown number using the Phone app.
1. Methods to block unwanted calls on your Pixel phone
1. Using Google phone app
- Go to – Google phone app,
- Tap – More options (they are 3 vertical dots besides microphone
- Now choose- Settings—Call blocking/Blocked numbers. Include the number you wish to block
Also, you can head to – Call History/Recent Calls and just tap on the number to be blocked
Select – Block
At this point the calls can also be reported as spam
2. Via Android Messages app
- Press any contact for a while in Messages app
- Tap – Block located towards right corner at the top
Another way is to tap on – More options besides magnifying glass and then choose – Settings—call blocking or blocked contacts. Type in number you prefer to block.
You might also like: How to turn ON mobile hotspot on Android
2. How to block unwanted calls – for stock Android devices
1. Through contacts list
In case the number you wish to block is of someone who is in your contact list like your friend, relative etc then its super easy to block them
- All you need to do is to pick the contact and just select the contact you are looking to block.
- Press the small button positioned towards corner (right hand) which appears to be like your pencil.
- Now press 3 dots seen in the corner (upper-right) and then check the box in front of – All Calls to Voicemail.
This will divert the calls for that particular contact to the voice inbox
2. Through Call log
Through call log it becomes easy to disable the incoming phone calls for particular numbers.
- Choose the numbers to be blocked.
- Press- More or you can press the menu with 3 dots located towards the corner(upper right)
- Select – Add to reject list.
The above process will easily disable the incoming phone calls for the particular numbers you selected
3. Using settings menu
This is the most common method wherein this is what you need to do
- Go to your contact list for which you need to select the phone icon available on your home screen
- Tap – menu with 3 dots
- Select- Select—Call—Call Rejection—Auto Reject list—create
Here your Android phone will show the search box. In the box you need to type the phone number/name of the contact you would like to block and quickly that contact will be included in – Auto reject list
3. Thirty party app can help to block the contacts
In case you are using the Android’s custom version which doesn’t comprise call blocking feature then this third party app known as TrueCaller can be extremely helpful to block preferred calls.
This app sorts out the unwanted calls as well as texts helping you block a specific number by its name and series. On the other hand it also recognizes the person who is trying to call you including calls coming from unknown numbers and help you record that specific call. You may also get ads with this app which is absolutely free to use.
The above methods will help you eliminate the irritation and frustration of getting those unwanted calls that you always wish to avoid completely.