How to find WiFi password android: Once you feed in the WiFi password, your Android device saves it so that it can remember the password and also to safeguard your device your password on Android device will not be leaked.
There are different methods to view your WiFi password Android device in case you own a rooted device. You can easily view any of your Android devices which are password-protected with the help of a tool called ADB which is a command line tool.
1. Find WiFi Password android with the help of Solid Explorer
Talking about the Solid Explorer app, it is the reliable file browser used for Android devices. You can extract your WiFi password with the help of this app.
- Expand the app – Google Play Store and hunt for – Solid Explorer.
- Tap on – solid explorer file manager and next tap – install.
- Now open the app – solid explorer. On home screen you can find list of main directories. These directories comprise of your media folders you use often.
- Tap the arranged lines located towards screen’s upper-left corner to expand the menu.
- In the section-Storages tap on- Root
- In root filesystem tap on – data
- In order to provide Solid Explorer root permissions, tap – Grant and then tap- misc
- Tap on – WiFi
- Tap on – conf, now select the text editor like SE Text Editor via Solid Explorer
- Check for – network section and then locate the entry for – psk. Here is the password needed.
- Save the password at a secured location to be able to access for future use.
2. Find WiFi password android with ES File Explorer (without need for Root)
ES File Explorer helps user to access system files (privileged access). This app is quite useful as it is packed with a plenty of helpful features for example backing up apps and restoring them.
The best part about this app is that you don’t need root access but isn’t compatible with all devices.
- Expand the app- ES File Explorer
- Drag –left navigation bar
- Choose the option- Local storage
- From the drop down list click – Device
- Go to – System->etc->WiFi and then expand the file – conf
When the file manager app prompts to check how you wish to open the chosen configuration file, and then just choose – built-in HTML /text file viewer.
After the file is opened you can view the WiFi passwords for all the connected WiFi networks on Android phone.
3. Laptop & ADB Tools to find wifi password android
Another method that helps you to view WiFi passwords on Android device is using a laptop to which you need to attach your phone with the help of a USB cable.
- Reach the folder that exists on the desktop (the folder used to extract ADB tools)
- Press- Shift and Right click and choose the option – open command window here through the menu that appears
- Next, you need to copy & paste commands shown below in command window and hit enter.
- “adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf”
This command actually copies the data stored in file “wpa_supplicant.conf” right from the above mentioned directory. It then pastes the data in folder used for extracting ADB tools.
Access the specific folder again where you can see that the file is available. It will help you find all the Wi-Fi passwords saved for all networks connected in file.
Establish connection between ADB Tools & Phone
Make sure your Smartphone’s USB drivers & ADB tools are properly installed on Windows PC or laptop. In case the ADB tools & USB drivers are not installed on your laptop/PC then make sure you install them.
After downloading of files is over, retrieve those files to a specific folder located on desktop.
- Expand- settings app on your Android phone
- Head to – About phone
- Tap the – build number so that the developed options can be unlocked.
- Access main settings page and expand – developer options settings and then activate – USB debugging
When you learn to find WiFi passwords Android device, it helps you connect to different networks that you access long back. These methods are helpful to view your WiFi passwords easily on your Android phone.