Clear cache in Android: We feel uncomfortable without our smart phones as we use it for different purposes on a daily basis. With every day we tend to save a plenty of media files on our Android devices and even having an android device with memory of 64GB/128GB is not sufficient for our heavy data present on our phone. High amount of data can cause storage related problems on Android phone. Still, Android memory space can be free-up by clearing cache in android that may be taking the memory space on your device
Similarly, all unwanted data can be cleared by clearing the cache date on your Android device. If you are not aware of how to clear cache in Android phone you can read through this article to understand the methods and related steps.
Learning about cache data and why it is an integral part on your Android
Cached data means all your images, files or media files saved on your device through an app/website.
Cached data is nothing but app based data which is saved by an application on your phone to secure a space on your device. This means each time you use the app the app already has your details to display.
When to clear Cache data?
Basically, on getting issues of low memory or issues with app performance then you may feel that the device is slow and you have to clear cache android to improve its performance.
Methods to clear cache in android
1. Clear cache data for each App
If you feel that erasing app data for all the apps present on your device isn’t feasible for you then you can also clear cache in android for each app individually.
- Head to – Settings, Tap- Apps
- Choose the particular app for which you want to erase the cache.
- On the interface of – App Info, tap – Storage.
- It will let you to clear cache in android. It can be done by tapping – Clear Cache
2. Device Settings can be used to erase entire cache data
It is also possible to erase entire cached data with the help of Settings app present on your Android.
- Proceed to – Settings app, tap- “Storage/Storage & memory”.
- Here you will be able to view the memory that apps/media files have consumed. Here you can find the amount of memory on the Android device.
- Tap- Cached data and it will also show up the cached data present on your Android device.
- Now the pop will appear asking you to confirm to erase cached data. Tap on – OK (it will remove cached data for all the apps.
Related Post: How to find WiFi password in android
3. Clear cache data from Recovery
This is little tricky and advanced process and you need to carry this process at your own risk as there are chances of damage to your device in this process.
So, only if you are experienced in rooting the device and have understood the process completely through research on the internet then only proceed with this method.
In case you are facing the issues with the speed of your device (slow speed) or any other issues with device performance then you can continue to clear cache partition via bootloader.
- Turn OFF your Android device
- The process differs with each manufacturer so before you carry out this process, ensure that you have checked on the internet now go to the bootloader screen (Hold Power button plus volume down key at the same time).
- Touch screen may not help in this case so you need to move with the help of Volume keys.
- Proceed to – Recovery, select and then tap the button- Power
- Head to – Wipe cache partition
- Tap the button- Power to select it.
- Post the cache is cleared, choose – Reboot system now
4. Third-party apps can also help
You will find a plenty of apps like CCleaner for Android cleaners from Play Store. You can find out the reliable Android cleaner applications.
These apps not only help you erase the cached data but also help erase APK’s, delete unwanted advertisements and improve the battery life too.