Chromecast setup android: If you have just bought your new chromecast and have no idea of how establish it and use it then this article will help you knowing setting up chromecast in Android.
Sometimes, you may have not used chromecast for a while now and also unable to find the instructions to set it up, in such cases you will have to reconnect your chromecast.
The reason could be any but what you need to learn now chromecast setup in Android.
This article will guide you on the steps to set up chromecast.
If you are one of those who are planning to buy a new chromecast then you can educate yourself about setting it up before purchasing one so that you are all set to use it after your purchase.
In case you have decided to own new chromecast you can go for the standard model which help you transmit the data of your choice from your phone/tablet straight to your television
You can purchase the base model to start with though it absolutely depends on your requirements as which model you want to go for.
Presently you will find two versions of Chromecast
- Standard model
- Chromecast Ultra (it streams your video content in amazing 4K resolution)
The set up process for both the versions remains the same.
Setting up Chromecast setup with help of Android phone
To begin with
Attach the Chromecast to HDMI input of your TV and then plug in your TV’s USB port too.
In case there is no USB port (free) present on the TV or if the port is already in use, then you can also use power adapter included to attach the device to the outlet.
Now you need to alter the input channel of your TV to the channel to which the Chromecast is connected.
Before you proceed to chromecast setup in Android you need to make sure you have certain things on the Android phone too.
- You will need to first download the app – Google Home Android via Google Play store.
- Now, just expand the application, accept the given terms and conditions, then log in to Google account, and proceed to follow the given instructions.
- The main page needs to be displayed post completion of initial setup. Tap on – Add and then tap – Set up devices and then tap on – Set up new devices after you Chromecast is displayed.
- Confirm Google account you wish to utilize for Chromecast. Give permission to the application to utilize Location services and now tap on – OK
- Now the app will start the scanning process for the Chromecast which is plugged in. Once it is displayed on application screen, Tap –Next
Some more steps required for both TV and app
- Your television must display a code to verify that Chromecast is properly connected to the app. Once that happens, tap on – Yes
- You may get message asking to send crash reports and device statistics to Google. Tap on- Yes I am in. In case you don’t want then just tap- No thanks.
- Now you need to select the room wherein your Chromecast is positioned or you can also create one with your name too by just tapping – Add custom room and then enter a Name for the room.
- Now, you will be prompted to select –WiFi network for Chromecast. Read through the steps and choose – Set Network
- You might receive some software updates for the Chromecast and here you need to patient till the software updates are over.
- After this the Chromecast device will start. There you can now start enjoying with Google Cast
Related Post: How to see saved WiFi password in android
After all the above steps are over, the supported apps on all your devices should display Cast icon once connected to the particular WiFi network.
If you are enjoying a video on YouTube, you just need to press- Cast icon and then choose the particular device. This will display the content on your TV and you can enjoy on a large screen. Now you can start controlling the things using your smart phone while enjoying the content on big screen.