Android device manager unlock: If you are an Android device owner then you must be aware of this tool called ADM. This tool allows you to find out the location of your lost or stolen Android device.
There are instances where your Android device gets locked when you use passwords, patterns or fingerprints for security reasons to lock your phone.
Protecting your phone with patterns, fingerprints or passwords is a good idea but what if your phone is stolen or someone tries to access it.
Do not worry as you have ADM (Android device manager) tool which will help you unlock the Android device.
To unlock Android device enabling ADM on the phone is what you need to do. ADM helps to unlock your Android phone within seconds and help you access your phone easily.
ADM is efficient enough to unlock an Android which is pin-encrypted just in case you forgot your password.
You must be thinking of how to unlock Android device, well it is pretty easy and all you need is your Google account. You can use your Google account to set up this tool on Android phone and can make use of a different online device to monitor your lost or stolen Android phone or even erase the data stored on it remotely.
Android Device Manager
It is not a difficult task to sort out the issues wherein you have forgotten your Android device password. Just enable ADM on the Android device prior to getting phone locked.
Here is how you can enable ADM.
- Go to – google.com/android/devicemanager say on personal computer
- Scroll the device list which is connected to the Google account you own.
- Once you reach there you can send out a notification to particular phone you wish to activate remote password app/erasing for
ADM helps you lock your Android device in case it gets stolen.
Related Post: Turn ON mobile hotspot Android
Unlocking Android Device with the help of Android Device Manager
- Go to – google.com/android/devicemanager, on the computer/different mobile phone
- Log in using the Google id and password which you utilized to lock the phone too.
- In interface of ADM, select the device to be unlocked and then choose – “Lock“
- Key in a temporary password, again click – “Lock“
- In case the previous attempt was successful you will get a confirmation underneath the box having the buttons like – Ring, Lock & Erase.
- You can find the field for password on the screen of your phone. Now feed in a temporary password so that you can unlock your Android phone.
- Head to the settings available for lock screen (on your phone) and disable password (temporary password).
There you go ADM has unlocked your phone now.
Enabling Android Device Manager on phone
ADM is compatible with Android 4.4 KitKat and the only concern is that it doesn’t run as a default process but you need to do some modifications to utilize this tool.
ADM needs to be enabled and the given steps will help you do it
Location Access- Turn ON
- Head to – Settings–Location and turn the toggle switch ON
- Select – ‘high’ accuracy, which is the ideal option to identify the location of your phone accurately.
Security Settings needs to be enabled
- Move to – Settings—Google–Security
- Turn On this option- ‘Remotely locate this device’
It will allow ADM to find the location of your phone.
Just enable – Allow remove lock and erase
It will be quite helpful in case where you wish to completely erase the phone
Activate Device Manager
- Proceed to – https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
- Use your Google log in credentials to access the account and try it by assessing the location feature.
You need to turn ON the GPS on your device to avail the unlock feature from Google device manager plus more features. You also need to have a reliable Internet connection no matter what internet connection you are using like a WI-Fi connection, data connection etc.
Also, make sure you know about the operating system if it is other than Android 4.4 as the feature will not compatible with versions. The steps given above will help you protect your Android device always and remotely too.